|Posted||3 months ago|
Coonamble Shire offers both opportunity and lifestyle. Located in the Central West of New South Wales and bounded on one side by the Warrumbungle National Park, and on the other by the Western Plains and Macquarie Marshes, the area offers the perfect combination of a rich history and country living.
This position reports directly to the Executive Leader Infrastructure and has responsibility for a team focused on providing effective and efficient delivery of functional, visually appealing, and reliable recreational facilities and open spaces the Coonamble Shire Council. Additionally, this role will be managing the Council's Depot operations in a safe and efficient manner.
Key Position Responsibilities:
Management and Staff Supervision
- Manage the Recreation & Open Spaces division on a day to day basis, including staff supervision, ensuring Council's compliance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, policies, and procedures related to urban services.
- Management and effective supervision of staff, including monitoring performance, encouraging development and continuous improvement and development of suitable work plans.
Recreation and Open Space Operations
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of a suitable and attractive network of urban and rural facilities, including opens spaces, parks and gardens that enhance lifestyle and visual amenity and cater for recreational needs throughout the Council area.
- Monitor and act to maintain and improve streetscapes, town approaches and landscape, footpaths, pedestrian ways, cemeteries, and other public facilities.
- Oversee the operation of pool facilities, including ensuring operations meet required safety and compliance regulations, as well as the completion of effective and efficient maintenance schedules.
- Oversee aerodrome facilities, including ensuring operations meet required safety and compliance regulations, as well as the completion of effective and efficient maintenance schedules.
- Oversight of the Council's depot facilities to ensure efficient operations, maintenance and compliance requirements are met.
- Liaise with other departments and staff to ensure depot resourcing is adequate.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Parks and Gardens Management, or other related discipline (Degree or Diploma Level).
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of Recreation & Open Spaces Services, preferably applicable to the local government context, with the demonstrated ability to effectively apply this knowledge.
This is a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious Local Government professional seeking to progress their career and serve the community in a beautiful area of regional NSW.
Closing date 15th November.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 0402 639 431 , quoting ref no. JO-2010-101645. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com