immediate contract requirment for large government department. 6 months initially.
Lead a team that oversees the review, assessment, protection and release of information made under Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) and Privacy and Health legislation, to ensure compliance and effective service delivery.
- Oversee the activities of the team, providing leadership, specialised guidance and advice on managing complex, sensitive and non-routine matters to ensure legislated and organisational requirements are achieved
- Manage operational aspects relating to the organisation's statutory responsibilities under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and Privacy and Health legislation, including making determinations and assessments, undertaking internal reviews, investigating appeals, and producing annual reports in accordance with legislated requirements
- Design, deliver and evaluate polices, procedure, guidelines and training programs to build employee capability in relation to legislation, standards and information protection principles to ensure compliance
- Lead the development, implementation and analysis of incident management and escalation protocols and procedures to manage and mitigate risks to compliance with privacy legislation
- Identify an manage multiple complex and high-risk and emerging issues, in accordance with legislation, to ensure that they are accurately documented, contained and recommendations are implemented and assessed
- Maintain strong knowledge and awareness of relevant issues, insights, challenges, trends and related legislation, to identify, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions that optimise outcomes, inform decision making and effectively support best practice in line with organisational and government priorities
- Collaborate with senior leaders to ensure expert advice is provided to inform and support decision-making that is accurate and supports the effective implementation of corporate and divisional objectives and strategies
- Work collaboratively on development of strategies and projects to deliver and improve products and services to meet deliverables and a positive customer experience
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Spencer Stirrat on 02 8093 0620, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100769. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com