About the Company
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Transport are passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Their vision is of a connected roads and public transport network that has higher capacity and gives people the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live and work. Right now, they are delivering a $41.5bn program - the largest this nation has ever seen - to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions. Transport are also committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
About the Role
Reporting to Associate Director Planning Approvals in the first instance, and to Director Environment Sustainability. The primary purpose of the role is to provide specialist planning and environmental assessment services that are compliant with relevant statutory requirements, managed effectively and efficiently and delivered in accordance with time and budget constraints. The position holder will provide authoritative technical advice and actively participate in consultation processes associated with the preparation of environmental assessment documentation.
The succesful applicant will be a qualified Urban Planner, preferably with experience in prepatation and management of State Significant Development (SSD) applications under part 4 of the Enviornmental Planning and Assessment Act.
They will also have/be able to:
- Interest in Sydney Metro projects;
- Strategic planning experience desirable
- The ability to manage the consultants preparing the EIS and Technical Studies, review work prepared to ensure adequacy and quality, as well as attend meetings with stakeholders, DP&E and the community.
- Interface with a significant sized team within Sydney Metro
- Work independently.
- The ability to manage the delivery of the planning approvals documentation.
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal; and
- demonstrated experience building working relationships with stakeholders.
Highly competitive remuneration as well as an opportunity for career progression through working on major projects with TfNSW.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-89906. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com