- Key leadership role in delivering exceptional outcomes to the community
- Focus on best practice, continuous improvement and people
- A great place to live, work and explore
Horsham Rural City is situated in a picturesque part of the State of Victoria in the heart of the Wimmera region approximately 300 kilometres north-west of Melbourne and north of the Grampians National Park. Calling itself the "capital of the Wimmera", it boasts a vibrant and diverse community and is a popular place for tourists.
Horsham Rural City Council is a progressive and innovative council, providing more than 70 quality services to its 19,880 residents. Committed to enhancing Horsham's liveability and natural environment through strong leadership, vision, good governance, responsive services and quality infrastructure, this is a fantastic opportunity for a leader to enhance efficiencies for the local community.
Find out more about Horsham Rural City Council here: https://www.hrcc.vic.gov.au/Our-Council/About-Us/About-Council
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure, the Manager Operations will be responsible for leading a large complex portfolio and multi-disciplinary team located across multiple sites. To be successful in the role you will focus on:
- Providing empowering leadership to a diverse team, driving high performance, accountability and collaboration;
- Increasing community visibility of the portfolio resulting in enhanced customer experience and satisfaction, evidenced by enhanced survey results;
- Encouraging innovative thinking and a contemporary approach to enhance service delivery;
- Identify efficiencies that reduce costs and increase value to the community;
- Lead a strong safety culture within the department and with external service providers;
- Maintain strong reporting standards around KPI's including project delivery, safety and budget to name a few.
To be considered for this enviable opportunity, you demonstrate contemporary leadership and have experience leading a large complex service delivery function. You hold exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with a proven capacity to engage with your community; your Councillors / Board and your peers. Furthermore, you are highly regarded for your inspirational and empowering staff leadership and ability to drive continuous improvement through contemporary technology, systems and processes.
If you are a motivated leader who wants to make a difference to your community and are seeking a balance between lifestyle and career, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
To apply, please upload your CV (note a covering letter is not required). For any further questions or information, please contact Melanie Pecanek on 0408 898 734 or Seamus Scanlon on 0455 118 868.