|Posted||about 1 month ago|
The Muswellbrook Shire is a Shire of contrasts; picturesque dairy farms, world class thoroughbred horse studs, vineyards and olive farms all sitting beside big machinery and big mines. A fabulous place to live, work & play and only 2.5 hours drive to Sydney. Muswellbrook is a place of the future.
Muswellbrook Shire Council provides a range of important community services including Regional Arts, the Muswellbrook Aquatic Centre and Denman Pool, Libraries in Muswellbrook and Denman, Tourist Information and Event Management. The Manager Community Services is responsible for the overall management of these services and works closely with government, non-government and community organisations to improve delivery of social services and further the process of Aboriginal reconciliation in the shire.
- Deliver community services within budget and innovate service delivery to improve community engagement and participation across all community services.
- Implement planned improvements to the Regional Art Gallery, Aquatic Centre and Tourist Information to improve service delivery and increases participation rates.
- Lead engagement with key community service agencies and stakeholders to review and maintain key community service strategies, plans and programs such as the Aged Care Strategy, Children's Services Strategy, Affordable Housing Strategy and Aboriginal Reconciliation Strategy.
- Develop robust budget processes, including the review and development of annual budgets, that monitor budget expenditure for all community services.
- Liaise regularly with the Councillor Spokesperson for Community Services.
- Manage the preparation and delivery of innovative Strategic and Operational Plans in accordance with Integrated Planning and Reporting requirements.
- Review and continuously improve the cost effective and efficient provision of Council's community services with a strong focus on budget management and excellent customer service.
- Ensure that relevant grants and subsides are applied for and properly acquitted.
- Ensure that the necessary accreditation is achieved and maintained for all services.
- Ensure compliance with council policies, procedures and plans within Community Services
- Provide leadership, support and management to Community Services staff within appropriate performance frameworks.
- Provide strategic input and advice to the General Manager and staff on policy, program and legislative issues related to the Community Services Section.
- Any other such duties that are commensurate with the employee's skill level, competency and training.
For further infoirmation please see the position brochure:
This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced community services professional.
Closing date Monday 2nd Novemebr 2020.
For more information please see the contact details below.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 0402 639 431 or email email@example.com, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101535. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com