The main areas of focus are:
- Major Capital Works
- Minor Contracted Works
- Contract Management
- Renewals Across all Asset Classes
- Project Management Control/Budgeting
A role specific Brochure can be found here:
Cumberland is one of the most culturally diverse and vibrant local government areas (LGA) in NSW. Approximately 240,000 residents have chosen to live here, making it also one of the most populous LGAs in NSW. Located in the geographical heart of Sydney, Cumberland is also the epicentre of modern multicultural Australia. With nearly half (48%) of all residents born overseas and almost a quarter (24%) having arrived in Australia in the last five years, the area is for many their first introduction to life in Australia. This is why it is so important that the community vision of "welcome, belong, succeed" is observed in practice. Council is determined that all its residents, businesses and visitors feel they are welcome, that people from any background or culture can belong, and where anyone through hard work and with the support of their community can succeed. Cumberland is also home to wide variety of green space. Residents and visitors have access to a variety of sports fields, natural bushland, botanic gardens and parks, all located right in the geographical heart of Sydney.
About the role
The Manager City Projects will;
- Demonstrate superior Project Management skills through the direct delivery of Capital Projects on behalf of Council and through the supervision of project management staff who are delivering projects.
- Ensure that all Capital Projects are delivered within budget, on time and to an agreed quality, in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with industry best practice and within the compliance requirements of Council's governance framework.
- Provide best value contract initiation, development, delivery, monitoring and review to all contracts and contractors engaged to deliver capital works and projects.
- Deliver strong and accountable leadership to all staff and contractors within the City Construction team. This will occur utilising Council's Human Resources tools and acquired people management skills.
- Deliver Asset renewal programs (Roads, Parks & Building) in accordance with Council's Asset Management Plans and budget allocation.
- Work closely with the Manager Assets on Council's Project Management Office processes, including but not limited to; project and capital budget prioritisation and long term capital budget planning.
- Be responsible for the development, monitoring and reporting on the City Construction team budget to ensure that Council receives the best value in its capital budget.
- Recommend to the Executive Manager City Services and Director Works and Infrastructure the required resources, Full Time Staff, Contract Projects Managers and Contractors to deliver Council's Capital program.
- Ensure that all Governance and Corporate Planning responsibilities are meet and exceeded by the City Construction team.
You will also be responsible for:
- Financial Management
- Ensuring you align with Councils commitment to a Child Safe Organisation
- Fraud and Corruption Prevention
- Work Health and Safety
(Full details of the above available on the Role PD)
- Tertiary qualifications in a related technical field or management, combined with 10 years' extensive relevant experience
- Experience in high level managing of delivery services in an operation based organisation
- Proven ability to deliver a range of services across a diverse spread of disciplines
- Supervisor ability, listening, co-ordinating, motivating, prioritising, assessing, problem solving, delivering high quality customer service and teamwork
- Ability to oversee the financial management of the City Construction team including budget preparation and maintenance.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the MS Office suite of products
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government environment.
Incredible Opportunities for Career Progression and Development as well as a very attractive remuneration package and a fantastic culture. Come and be a part of it!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew on 02 8093 0615, quoting ref no. JO-1911-98667. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com