About the Organisation
UnitingCare Queensland (UCQ) provides health and community services to thousands of people every day of the year through its service groups - UnitingCare Health, UnitingCare Community, Blue Care and more recently ARRCS. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, UCQ has supported Queensland communities for over 100 years. Our 16,000 staff and 9,000 volunteers care for and support people from all walks of life, including older people, people with a disability, children, families and Indigenous people.
UnitingCare Health is the hospital group of UCQ and is a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland which operates almost 1,000 licensed hospital beds and employs over 4,100 people. This year the group of hospitals will admit just under 100,000 Queenslanders and perform around 66,000 surgical procedures.
About the Role
This role provides strategic level commercial and performance analysis support to the Group Executive, Health and the broader leadership team across the hospital group. Responsibilities include reporting, planning/budgeting/forecasting, cash/debt management, capital allocation, business analysis and cases, performance analysis (against financial/non-financial targets), strategic advice, liaison with UCQ Finance functions and accountability, general Group related financial governance, and other support as required.
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience and demonstrated track record of success in a senior finance position in a hospital/health related organisation, and tertiary qualification in accounting, business or a related field;
- Experience in business finance analysis to support business cases, investments, divestments etc;
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems and opportunities in a health/hospital environment and develop solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals based on thorough financial performance and operational planning and analysis;
- An understanding of the framework, principles and obligations relating to the private/public health sector including health funds and related issues, as well as related areas like pharmacy, linen, radiology businesses and others;
- An analytical mind that takes an informed approach to resolving complex issues, and a preference to using data to inform that approach; and,
- A confident and value-based approach to building strategic relationships internally and externally to strengthen organisational capability.
To apply online, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Skye Veivers on (07) 3023 1000 quoting ref no. JO-1808-90494. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com