|Location||New South Wales, Australia|
|Posted||14 days ago|
An iconic regional local government organisation is seeking to welcome an aspiring leader to council. The Manager Building and Environment is responsible for actively co-coordinating councils functions associated with Statutory Development Assessment together with Councils Environmental Services. This role will suit either an established manger or an individual whom is looking to step up into a management position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management at an operational level of certification and compliance services with an emphasis on the development of existing practices, policies and procedures to achieve efficiency and best practice
- Manage and coordinate the regulation of the environmental program within council including the coordination of inspection and compliance services in terms of environmental health and ranger services
- Provide active leadership, mentoring and coaching to members of the Building and Environment Team
- Lead with influence to ensure that Council's values are promoted in all business dealings and to ensure a positive customer experience
- Management of staff resources - including performance of staff
Qualifications and Experience
In either case, to be successful in this role you will need Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying together with a Level A2 certification or the immediate eligibility for accreditation at Level A2 or above. Additional qualifications in Environmental Health or another discipline would be favourably look upon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100675. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com