Water is essential for life. Seqwater provides a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Their employees live and work in the communities they serve, and the team proudly works together to deliver on the vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, Seqwater also provides irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in catchment areas. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
About the Planning, Operations and Delivery Group
The Planning, Operations and Delivery Group provide the ongoing asset management, operation and maintenance of Seqwater's water infrastructure assets and catchment areas, including the design and delivery of small to mid-range upgrade and renewal projects to ensure the ongoing provision of bulk water supply services to meet customer service requirements and regulatory obligations.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the ongoing development and continuous improvement of asset management framework, systems and data and to ensure the delivery of high-quality asset management outcomes. You will lead a team of professionals in strategic asset management planning that details and prioritises the Seqwater Capital Investment Program.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, business management or equivalent related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of integrated asset planning, including asset management principles and practices in asset intensive industries.
- Significant experience in scoping and prioritising asset investments, including development of long-term investment profiles substantiated by appropriate detailed planning and prioritisation outputs.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in development, implementation and delivery of Asset Management governance, systems, processes and procedures within organisations - particularly aligned to ISO55000.
- High level of communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to represent Seqwater effectively to industry, governments, suppliers, stakeholders and individuals in the community.
- Proven ability to deliver services, and effectively manage the planning of projects, utilising external professionals, contractors, consultants and partnership arrangements.
- Strong results orientation and a proven track record of delivering projects and programs on time, on budget and to required quality standards.
- Proven ability to lead high performance teams working to a range of stakeholders, suppliers and individuals in the community.
- Proven experience in successfully leading business transformation and improvement programs including cultural change.
- Demonstrated experience of being a team player, and of fostering and thriving in and a collaborative culture.
- Proven ability to create value for Seqwater by way of combining best practices, industry trends, methodology knowledge, and experience to achieve the best approach and solution in a cost effective and sustainable way.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0499 920 848 or Steve Veness on 0488 336 857, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100396.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com