POSITION-SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct approved inspection programs.
- Conduct investigations into alleged breaches of relevant Local Laws.
- Promote quality customer service through education and awareness of relevant Local Laws.
- Provide investigation reports and evidentiary statements.
- Provide evidence in a court of law.
- Participate in approved education programs relevant to core responsibilities.
- Issue correspondence, directions, compliance notices and Penalty Infringement Notices for alleged breaches of relevant legislation, Local Laws and subordinate Local Laws and ensure effective follow through to final outcome.
- Contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary work team to the continuous improvement of operational activities and reporting current issues which impact such activities.
- Inputting and updating data in the corporate computer system.
- Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and the ability to act tactfully in sometimes very sensitive situations.
- Proven ability to conduct inspections and investigations on a community level, and produce effective outcomes within the parameters of relevant Legislation, relevant Local Laws and Council policies.
- Proven conflict resolution skills to attain desired outcomes and a positive Council image.
- Demonstrate ability to formulate concise and accurate written reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated competent computer skills in corporate computer systems.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and motivation and the ability to respect and accept requests, directions and workforce change from supervisory staff with a positive, team oriented attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to focus on specific tasks while keeping an overall project in mind and the ability to maintain attention to detail when working on routine cases.
- Proven ability to exercise confidentiality, sensitivity, reliability and honesty in the performance of work.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in a multi-disciplinary work team.
- Hold a current "C" Class drivers licence.
- In accordance with the provisions of relevant legislation, the incumbent is required to undertake and satisfactorily pass a 'powers of entry' test within the probationary term.
- Applicants must undergo a pre-employment functional assessment and be assessed as medically fit to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- The incumbent of this position has been identified as a person working in an "at risk work location" or is an "at risk" worker. It is mandatory that the incumbent be protected by the relevant immunisation in accordance with Council's Staff Immunisation Program. (Vaccines for this position include Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Tetanus).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90517. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com