About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking an experienced Legal and Policy Officer to oversee projects under limited direction. This role is for an initial period of 6 months, with possiblity of extension.
Initially, this role will be working remotely given the current restrictions. Progressing into office-base location when restrictions are lifted - either Sydney or Canberra.
About the Role
The Legal and Policy officer role will be accountable under the general direction of the Product Manager for the planning, management and delivery of a key digital project and services. The role is responsible for providing legal counsel and policy advice enabling the agile teams to deliver high-quality services.
As part of a multi-disciplinary product team, reporting into the Product Manager, you will be primarily involved in:
- Preparing legal advice and information on legal issues relevant to the product team's scope of work, including the interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the project's internal quality assurance framework.
- Prepare responses to requests from staff and stakeholders.
- Perform research and analysis of legal issues.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the product manager and team in relation to legal matters, including documentation of management activities associated with review matters.
- Work cooperatively with members of the DTA and staff to contribute to the management and strategic planning of DTA's taskforce and broader work program.
- Extensive experience as a successful legal and policy adviser.
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level advisory to product manager, on legal and policy matters and the delivery of related outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve policy issues and legal matters and prioritise deliverables, aligned to team goals and workflows.
- A law degree from a recognised higher education provider (or equivalent overseas qualification), admission as a legal practitioner in an Australian state or territory and a current legal practising certificate (or the capacity to obtain a practising certificate) is mandatory.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly JIRA
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline clearance. Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Vaz on 02 8093 0620, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100116. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com