|Location||Orange, New South Wales|
|Posted||about 2 months ago|
Reporting directly to the General Manager and part of the leadership team at council, the Leader Community & Economy position is a fabulous career opportunity.
Cabonne Council is located in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, approximately 290 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD. With Airports in Orange, Dubbo and Parkes it takes no time at all to get to all major cities.
Cabonne Country, "Australia's Food Basket", is a rich rural council, covering the towns and villages of Borenore, Canowindra, Cargo, Cudal, Cumnock, Eugowra, Manildra, Molong, Mullion Creek, Nashdale, Yeoval and other localities. The area is home to the site of Australia's first gold rush and is also famous for hot air ballooning, world class food and wine, agriculture and mining.
Working at Cabonne means a lot of variety, with offices and depots in Molong, Cudal, Canowindra and Orange. Flexible working arrangements, an active education assistance program, a successful trainee and apprentice program, and opportunities for professional development and advancement form a key foundation for living and working in the Cabonne Shire.
Council provides approximately 120 different services to the community and, with over 175 staff members providing these services, you will always be surrounded by an enthusiastic and innovative team.
About the Role
As Leader Community & Economy you will provide a 'hands on' and personal approach ensuring that the Community Engagement & Development Unit's priorities align with Council's Integrated Planning & Reporting. As such this role will suit a proactive, outcome's focused leader, whom will passionately drive the implementation of the Community Engagement and Development unit's priorities. It is envisaged that the successful applicant may be from either a government or non-governmnet background.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Act as a central coordination point to support all staff across Cabonne Council in the development and implementation of public consultation and community engagement strategies
- To deliver community engagement and information activities, initiatives and projects ensuring they are undertaken on time, within budget and to a high standard
- To develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with Cabonne Community Groups, relevant government agencies and other entities to fulfil the Units objectives
- Be responsible for the development of the Economic Development Plan and Strategy for the Local Government area
- To oversee and assist with the implementation of the objectives and actions within the Economic Strategic Plan/Strategy
- To oversee and assist with the implementation of the objectives within the Tourism Strategic Plan/Strategy.
With a passion for community and for developing the region, you will be keen to take responsibility of the portfolio and affect tangible, positive outcomes. A willingness to take the initiative and to pro-actively present and develop new ideas will come naturally as will demonstrating a personal interest toward improving the way key responsibilities 'could' be achieved.
Other areas of skills and experience include:
- Demonstrated experience across a variety of community engagement activities including developing and implementing public consultation plans and strategies.
- Knowledge of the key principles associated with administering economic development strategies in regional and rural Australia
- Ability to network and build both internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work within a budget
For more information please follow the belwo link to access the bespoke information pack: https://7964073d.flowpaper.com/CabonneCouncilLeaderCommunityEconomy/.
Closing date 10th December.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0402 639 431, quoting ref no. JO-2011-101995. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at all quoting ref no. JO-2011-101995. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com