|Location||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Posted||9 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson is excited to present a brand new Lead Node,js API Developer opportunity with a government organisation that is driving incredibly well through the pandemic. This is an initial 5-month contract.
About the Role
As the Lead Node.js API Developer you will:
- Lead a small team of talented developers with diverse skills across full stack development and DevSecOps automation
- Work with the Product Manager and Directors to deliver a new Whole of Government Graph API integration platform (GAPI) which provides a WofG API gateway and integration framework and Developer Portal to support the building of digital customer services and facilitate cross-agency information sharing.
- Work within a central platform engineering team responsible for product development and enhancements to the common integration platform which supports integrations with multiple services and backend systems and teams in a federated microservices environment.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and other stakeholders, to achieve ongoing productive partnerships and to ensure customer needs are well understood, widely shared and actionable.
- Work in a team to ensure a collaborative culture that fosters product-centric mindset, constantly iterating and improving to deliver quality digital products and services
- Leading a product-focused team
- Strong experience developing Node.js API services (REST or GraphQL) using Typescript
- Experience developing GraphQL API's, including schema federation techniques, preferably using Apollo Server and Apollo Federation.
- Experience developing unified API's and facades across multiple backend API's and systems
- Solid understanding of API interface contract design and lifecycle management, particularly within a federated microservices environment
- Experience with API security and identity practices, including OpenID Connect (OIDC) and OAuth 2.0 token management
- Experience in reactive Microservices and event driven architectures utilising publish and subscribe models is advantageous.
- Cloud technologies on AWS and equivalent such as Azure, GCP. Containers and Kubernetes deployment platforms
- CI/CD and automation
- JIRA, Confluence and GitLab/GitHub
- Ability to lead and work in an agile and DevSecOps environment with a focus on collaboration and continuous improvement.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Shams Shiraz on 04 222 40069, quoting ref no. JO-2104-103777. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com