About the region
Gunnedah Shire is one of Australia's richest agricultural regions and a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Nandewar. It is an incredibly safe and welcoming place to live and raise a family away from the rat race. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues with both visitors and residents appreciating a variety of great cuisine and lifestyle that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
Gunnedah is a centre for a number of regional industries exporting to overseas markets including grain production, cotton processing, animal feed production, brick manufacturing, leather processing and coal mining. This, alongside a thriving commercial and retail service sector ensure that Gunnedah has a diverse and skilled employment base within the Shire.
With Growth projected throughout the next decade, this is an exciting time for council as they support the community through this period of change. If you are looking for a new exciting challenge coupled with a work/life balance and fantastic lifestyle, this opportunity could be for you.
As Town Planner you will be responsible for providing planning and development advice in order to help achieve a sustainable future for Gunnedah.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and implement planning legislation.
- High level written communication skills including the ability to write complex and/or technical reports in plain English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a commitment to customer service and the ability to deal with demanding customers.
- Well- developed assessment and analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously on a range of simultaneous tasks and as part of a multidisciplinary team ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- High level of computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and geographical information systems.
Working and Living in an Incredible Lifestyle Location with all of the Benefits of city living a short drive away. Incredible Training and Development Opportunities and the ability to genuinely positively affect the community.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100557. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com