|Posted||about 1 month ago|
The Muswellbrook Shire is a Shire of contrasts; picturesque dairy farms, world class thoroughbred horse studs, vineyards and olive farms all sitting beside big machinery and big mines. A fabulous place to live, work & play and only 2.5 hours drive to Sydney. Muswellbrook is a place of the future.
The IS Applications Officer is responsible for providing a range of services for the facilitation, implementation, development, maintenance and support of Council's corporate Systems and interlinking interfaces, which contribute to the achievement of Council business objectives. The role works closely with Council users of corporate systems and provides training and support as required.
- Install, support, upgrade and maintain Council's applications including, but not limited to, Spectrum, GIS Applications, Authority and Authority mobile Applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain, GIS Metadata, spatial information, assets information and system documentation.
- Research, develop and update IT Procedures and Policies
- Liaise with external parties to provide required information and related datasets, and update Council records accordingly.
- Liaise with business units to implement system improvements including, additional GIS layers, and system workflows
- Provide support for in-field data capture processing, using mobile applications.
- Maintain SQL server system datasets, improving integration between council's corporate applications
- Produce high quality maps, reports and plans at an appropriate scale and details for all staff, Council and public requests.
- Produce, maintain and develop, reports using either Crystal Reporting, Telerik Reporting, Excel lookups, SQL queries to support Council business.
- Support updating of council records, by utilising system tools and capabilities to simplify the process
- Provide technical support and training to council staff ensuring systems are utilised effectively
- Ensure accuracy and currency of all Council's applications, including GIS and Assets related data.
- Provide support for systems, including helpdesk level 1 and 2 enquiries and/or issues.
- Any other such duties that are commensurate with the employee's skill level, competency and training.
Closing date Monday 2nd Novemebr 2020.
For more infromaton please see the contact details below.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101538. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com