Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of ICT Solutions Designer.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Within the Finance and Corporate Services Division and reporting to the Manager of Information and Communication Technology, the ICT Solutions Designer will provide innovation and technical expertise in the design, justification, and implementation of Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) solutions within the Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Your responsibilities will include:
Responsible for producing strategic technology solutions and architecture opportunities in the IT Projects and Smart Cities in alignment with Council's objectives.
Elicit solution requirements across Council leveraging a range of appropriate engagement and communication techniques.
- Understand and account for the impact of proposed solutions on Council's existing modern information and technical architectures, security, system performance, ongoing support load, usability and fit with organisation ICT strategy.
- Deliver design artefacts and documentation required to support the initial business case through to implementation and final handover of the project.
- Design, plan, document and implement a range of systems and plans including server infrastructure, virtualised environments, public/private cloud environments, ICT security, storage area networks, disaster recovery plans, security frameworks and backup strategies.
- Work with a range of stakeholders on the architecture and framework for Council's Smart City Platform.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
- Demonstrated experience in private/public cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage expectations on solution outcomes with business stakeholders.
- Highly developed ability to understand evolving technologies and their application to Council's operations.
- High level people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, whilst contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality ICT services.
- Degree in Information Technology or other relevant field.
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A modern technology environment, great team culture and competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
Website - Further Information and Job Description - (you may have to copy the link and paste into your browser)
Click the link and upload your current resume in PDF. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99671. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com