Davidson is excited to present an exciting ICT Policy and Procedure Manager contract role with a reputable government department. The initial contract will see you through until EOFY 2020 with possibility of extension. This is an exciting opportunity to take your career a notch up and get involved in high profile government project work.
About the Role
As the ICT Policy and Procedure Manager you will:
- Lead and manage the areas of information policy and information management in the provision of high quality policy and procedure development and implementation by business priorities, relevant legislation, existing departmental procedures and the Qld Government Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Lead the research, analysis, monitoring, review and evaluation of significant operational client centred policies and projects to ensure identified outcomes of the branch meet the business objectives and compliance requirements.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Provide strategic advice to the senior management team on specific issues related to information policy and information management, as they impact business priorities, relevant legislation, existing departmental procedures and the Qld Government Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Initiate, lead and manage the development of tactical and operational policy, procedures, guidelines and statewide service delivery implementation plans in the areas of information policy and information management including environmental scanning processes to identify policy gaps and develop appropriate response strategies for emerging information management and technology policy initiatives.
- Lead the research, analysis and evaluation of policy issues relevant to the Information and Technologies Branch, issues with wider departmental impact and any initiatives of the Queensland Government Chief Information Office including the Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture Framework and providing high level advice and support on these to senior management and key stakeholders as necessary.
- Consult with and provide advice and direction on tactical and operational information policy, information management and technology issues and trends relating to departmental policies, procedures and guidelines to the department and key stakeholders.
- Represent the department at interdepartmental and interagency meetings, participate in forums and provide feedback on the proceedings and deliberations.
- Develop, lead and maintain key communication channels such as websites, video and teleinks and other telecommunications, newsletters and email groups, and assist to facilitate required professional development activities for schools, regions and corporate office staff as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective liaison, communication and collaboration networks and processes with schools, regions and corporate office, together with major partners and other relevant agencies and stakeholders to support the implementation and evaluation of tactical and operational ICT and information management policy initiatives including information security.
The successful candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in leading the review and development of departmental IM and ICT policies and procedures in a large politically charged organisation.
- Ability to lead and work within a collaborative and supportive environment by providing clear direction, articulating parameters and establishing professional working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external clients and key stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by a superior ability in consultation, networking, negotiation, partnering, advocacy and influence to achieve outcomes.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Get your application in today as this role is progressing quick!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051 / 0452 636 086, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2003-100000. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com