About the Company
Davidson are a preferred supplier for the government sector and have strong partnerships within local, state and federal government. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to continually improve the quality of services for a growing government department.
About the Role:
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships within HR, the agency and externally.
- Utilise strong planning and problem-solving skills to ensure recruitment outcomes are met within tight deadlines.
- Assist in the revision and implementation of a WHS Management System.
- Develop WHS policy in line with the revised WHS Management System.
- Manage more complex customer enquiries via telephone, email and written correspondence, including in the context of non-routine circumstances.
- Maintain a well-developed understanding of relevant legislation and policy frameworks.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of our HR systems (Aurion 11, eRecruit, LearnHub), or the ability to quickly acquire.
- Assist and support the HR Helpdesk with payroll and Aurion system tasks.
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc reporting under the guidance of the HR subject matter experts.
- Assist with and draft the preparation of policy documents, procedural or technical manuals and guidelines
Skills & Experience:
- Background in WHS, payroll and/or HR system administration.
- Capacity to contribute to the development of policy and frameworks through research and analysis of the APS agenda, stakeholder perspectives and best practice standards.
- Understanding or ability to quickly acquire understanding of emerging HR practices.
- Ability to develop WHS policy with limited guidance.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and investigating information from a variety of sources with the ability to scrutinise information and identify any critical gaps.
- Proven ability to see projects through to completion, monitor project progress and adjust plans as required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and sustain positive mutually beneficial relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to confidently and effectively prepare written documents that communicate in a clear, concise and articulate manner with a focus on key points and use of unambiguous language.
- 3-6 Month Contract
- Attractive hourly rate
- ACT (Canberra) location