About the Role
Provide advice to managers and staff regarding capability development, talent management, workforce planning, performance management and grievance management processes
Provide consistent, detailed and accurate advice on the interpretation/implementation of the provisions of Council's Certified Agreement, employment law legislation and the various Awards applying to Council's operation.
Deliver and implement operational functions of HR related projects (e.g. New Position Descriptions, Structure reviews) and assist with compiling reports.
Support the People and Culture branch in ensuring human resource practices and procedures are communicated throughout the organisation.
Facilitate resolution of local disputes and staffing issues.
Facilitate and monitor the effective and consistent implementation and application of the Council's Human Resource Management policies, directives and procedures.
Research, review and implement industry and legislative changes that affect council's human resource practices and regulatory compliance.
Participate in HRBP and broader People and Culture projects as required.
Undertake any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training
1. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Human Resource/Workforce Relations principles and practices in a medium to large organisation. Possession of degree level qualifications in Human Resources is desirable.
2. Previous experience applying HR practices in a consultative approach, with problem solving ability and analysis to support informed decision making.
3. Ability to coordinate projects and processes, organise work activity and plan effectively in order to meet objectives and deadlines. This includes the application of project skills and understanding of project management methodology
4. Application of high level consultation, communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective relationships and provision of expert advice.
5. Ability to develop and produce complex written material.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90274. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com