About the Company
Davidson are delighted to be partnering with Infigen Energy to recruit a HSE Manager. Infigen Energy generate renewable energy from their fleet of owned windfarms. With a total of 670MW of nameplate capacity, it is one of the largest renewable energy fleets in Australia. They also source renewable energy from third parties where they contract to purchase their output under long term Power Purchase Agreements. This diversifies their supply and enables them to serve a growing customer base.
About the Role
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to balance corporate strategy, systems and leadership with on-site delivery and execution. As a senior member of the Operations team, the HSE Manager will be responsible for a range of elements which are central to the Infigen business. These elements include:
- Working closely with the General Manager Operations to define and set the strategy with regard to best in class Health & Safety practices across the organisation.
- Develop and implement the systems and business processes required to ensure that Infigen are at the leading edge of the industry.
- Provide technical input, support and governance to the Health and Safety Management System.
- Review and maintain critical documentation and policies to ensure compliance with legislation and currency with best practice.
- Manage the implementation of processes and systems to mitigate risk across the business operations and sites.
- Link on-site safety performance to the over-arching Infigen strategy and business performance.
- Report to senior stakeholders including Executive Leadership and Board level on safety performance across the organisation.
- Upskill, mentor and develop others within the organisation to ensure an embedded culture of safety across the organisation.
- Lead the Health & Safety process across operational and development sites; wind, battery storage and gas.
In order to be successful in your application you will have demonstrated effective leadership, guidance and management of safety systems to support compliance with WHS and Environment legislation. Critically, you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in HSEQ/WHS.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining a safety culture in Construction, Asset Management, Operational and Corporate Environments including consulting and communicating with employees, contractors, subcontractors, visitors and suppliers.
- Excellent technical leadership skills with the ability to lead/influence a team of highly competent professionals.
- Ability to implement and drive a high performance HSE culture with a clear understanding of how the safety system operates / integrates within the organisational strategy and culture.
- Experienced in developing and updating HSE requirements that are appropriate for inclusion in construction and operation and maintenance services agreements.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful renewable energy business with a strong plan for growth. A competitive salary package is on offer for the successful candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Veness or Stephen Overty on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-2007-100907. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com