About the Company
Our clients focus is to deliver a range of services, products and referrals to offer housing solutions for diverse client groups through government-owned, community and local government-managed social housing. To work to help people in need access and sustain housing in the private rental market, through bond loans, rental grants, RentConnect, and the National Rental Affordability Scheme.
About the Role
In this role you will contribute directly, and via supervision of Housing Officers, to the delivery of quality frontline services by providing responsive and integrated housing and homelessness support services and information to vulnerable Queenslanders and work in partnership with other key agencies.
To manage complex social housing and housing assistance services and supervise Housing Officers delivering direct services to clients in person over the front counter, by telephone, correspondence, in the field and through outreach services in the community by:
- Approving high and very high need social housing applications and transfers, and quality assuring application assessments.
- Managing formal internal and external complaints and facilitating resolutions.
- Developing effective professional relationships with stakeholders to improve client outcomes and processes.
- Representing the department in appeals and attending the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Supervising team activities and exercising delegation as required, including monitoring performance, workload management, addressing operational issues and reporting.
- Managing and assessing properties, conducting condition appraisal inspections and providing advice on maintenance requirements.
- Contributing to portfolio renewal plans and implementation of property developments.
Your suitability for this role will be assessed against how you:
- Actively work to understand clients and stakeholders, encouraging a strong customer-focus and building understanding of customer perspectives within the team (Vision).
- Demonstrate a balanced approach to managing conflicting demands and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty (Vision).
- Readily share your knowledge and experience, acting as a coach, mentor, role-model and sounding board for others (Results).
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication, modelling open communication by actively and attentively listening to others (Results).
- Are able to demonstrate strong skills, knowledge and expertise in service delivery (Accountability).
- Model professional, ethical and culturally sensitive behaviour and consistently apply those standards to yourself and others (Accountability).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Bekki Cox on 07 3023 1036, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90362. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com