A privately owned Australian landfill and quarry operator with the highest level of safety accreditation and more than 59 years' successful operation across Australia. The Victorian site also hosts
state-of-the-art treatment facilities which offer a safe and sustainable solution for the treatment of contaminated soils, hazardous and regulated wastes, chemicals, waste sludges and waste water in a fully enclosed operation and under ongoing environmental monitoring.
The Environmental Technician is responsible for evaluating the composition of incoming waste and deciding how best to process that waste. Solutions include lined landfill, cleanfill or reassigning the product to cut and fill projects. In more detail the Technician will;
- Ensure waste received and disposed at the site are in compliance with the Quarry Licence, Council approvals & EPA licence conditions.
- Support site management with the EPA, Council and external consultants in the areas of waste receipts, disposal and environmental issues.
- Provide advice to site staff, customers and clients regarding acceptance of wastes at the landfills and treated material.
- Administer waste acceptance of Category C Contaminated Soil and future acceptable waste.
- Monitor and maintain records of waste acceptance and tracking of treated waste in accordance to the EPA approved procedures.
- Notify Site management on non-conforming products and services and initiate corrective action.
- Ensure all site environmental monitoring and compliance is carried out. Ensure all required testing and product compliance is carried out.
- Support Site management in developing and maintain a site laboratory for quarry, recycling and landfill products.
The successful applicant must have the following to be considered for an immediate start;
- A tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver's licence
- This role has been created as the current Environmental Technicians take on more responsibility in the organisation.
- The successful Technician will work alongside highly qualified waste and quarry professionals in a culture of continual improvement.
- Convenient location north of Melbourne.
To apply, click the link and
upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com