About the Organisation
Sigma Healthcare is a leading Australian full line pharmacy wholesale and distribution business that services a large network of branded and independent pharmacies across Australia and owns some of Australia's best known pharmacy retail brands: Amcal, Guardian, PharmaSave, Chemist King and Discount Drug Stores.
Through its Sigma Hospital Services business, the Group also has an expanding national presence in the hospital pharmacy distribution market, and has grown its capacity to reach the Aged and Community Care Sector through the recent acquisition of the Medical Packaging Systems (MPS) business.
About the Role
The General Manager MPS is responsible for the Medication Packaging Systems (MPS) business, a recent acquisition that has expanded the Groups service offering to dose administration aids and related services. This role is accountable for:
- Setting the vision and strategy for MPS within the remit of the Sigma group Strategy;
- Leading the execution of that strategy by driving performance, inspiring and leading the team;
- Building capability and capacity of its talented workforce and positioning them for future success;
- Championing the MPS growth strategy that is aligned and complementary to the broader Group; and,
- Optimising organisational excellence through technology and industry innovation, and ensuring quality, governance and performance is sustainable.
To be considered for this exciting position, you will possess:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a General Manager (or equivalent) who can develop and lead the execution of a strategy for a stand-alone business, in a highly technology driven, sales environment.
- An extensive background in Aged Care and/or Pharmaceuticals sector, and proven ability to understand and effectively operate in a highly legislated and governed environment, including liaising with, and building relationships into, industry bodies and with technical stakeholders.
- A contemporary and versatile leadership style, with demonstrated experience in embedding and developing skills and competencies to form high performing, collaborative teams that will champion and drive vision, culture and performance.
- An inherent appreciation for operational excellence and the key principles to building sustainable performance and organisational capability and capacity.
- Demonstrative experience in leading and supporting an organisation's growth strategy and providing expert advice to key stakeholders when considering opportunities for accelerated growth (acquisitions, strategic commercial partnerships etc.), as well as championing these opportunities when they arise.
- A strong preference towards compliance and sound understanding of corporate governance principles, (in a publicly listed context would be advantageous) and exposure to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David Wilson on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90243. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com