About the Company
Davidson is currently partnering with an established organisation, who has led the way in over 50's living in Australia. With a focus on enhancing lifestyle and providing high level products to their clients, they have a significant pipeline of projects. They are looking to bring in new management across the construction arm of their business and as such are looking to bring on an experience Residential General Manager.
Working exclusively with Davidson, our client is currently seeking an experienced General Manager of residential construction to join the team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be accountable for the success and delivery of the construction arm of the business. Managing a portfolio of $70m turnover annually, you will manage multiple community living projects, project financials and staff across the board.
As the key link between construction and the MD and the MD, the responsibilities of the role will include (but will not be limited to):
- Accountable for the delivery of the construction business
- Financially manage and report on all aspects of civil, residential and commercial building
- Communicate back to the wider business on progress and outcomes
- Responsible for optimising construction margin
- Responsible for operational excellence across all construction sites
- Holds ownership of people and culture, systems, policies and procedures of the construction business
- Manage and grow internal stakeholder relationships across the wider business
- Outcome based focus to business improvement strategy
- Systems focused approached to business improvement
- Feed innovation, research and development strategies back to Directors
- Responsible for the overall construction workplace health and safety
- Solve problems and remove obstacles in the build process and on sites
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Hands on project and financial management experience across full residential community builds, including all civil, residential and commercial aspects of the hubs
- Motivates others through understanding how to influence and drive others' performance
- Remains calm and composed when dealing with stressful situations or negative events.
- Critically evaluates information or decisions to assess both the strengths and limitations of arguments or decisions
- Focuses on the long term outcome of decisions
- Follows through with agreed actions, is reliable, consistent and dependable
- Strives to achieve goals and persist in the face of obstacles
- Rare opportunity to work with a successful and well established business, to lead the construction business for the company
- Competitive Salary Package
- Well established systems, procedures and staff
- Long term growth plan
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in word format. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com