|Location||Inner Suburbs Brisbane, Queensland|
|Posted||18 days ago|
Davidson is excited to partner with this well-respected government department in the search of a talented Full Stack Developer. This is an excellent contract opportunity rolling through until EOFY 2021 with a strong chance of extension. You will roll up your sleeves developing some exciting web applications using React/Node technical stack. This is an excellent opportunity to take your career up a notch and leave your mark on some multi-million dollar projects.
About the Role
As a Full Stack Developer, you will develop multiple web applications using ReactJS/ NodeJS technical stack. Day in day out you will:
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications and functionality through an Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Maintain a daily work log in Jira and accurately depict your activities during stand-ups and related meetings.
- Ensure each user story or bugfix is comprehensively tested prior to releasing to the testing team.
- Create unit test scripts, including the ability to conduct the appropriate manual functional and non-functional testing before launch.
- Troubleshoot and debug production web applications (frontend and backend) in a DevOps-focused business environment.
- Evaluate existing web application modules to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in full-stack web application development:
- On the frontend using a functional programming paradigm, the ReactJS library and components styled using 'Less' compiled CSS, or styled using styled-components library.
- On the backend using an API-first entity-based programming paradigm and a NodeJS based server.
- Ability to develop new complex ReactJS UI components and maintain existing ReactJS components adhering to an internal style guide, and conventional props-based interface.
- Strong experience in the use of online enterprise software development and collaboration tools, including the Atlassian suite of Jira, Bamboo, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment using a DevOps methodology, with experience working in integrated teams and have a genuine interested in helping others.
- Highly-developed knowledge of defined software development frameworks.
- Ability to respect other professionals and their respective roles within a project, and work with a diverse range of cultures and personalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to a previous project or product, with the ability to stay focused during times of uncertainty and high-levels of demand in a customer focused work culture.
- Must be a problem solving oriented professional, for example, be proactive in solving problems before escalating, rather than expecting others to rectify problems.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Get your application in quick today for an immediate review.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2009-101338. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com