About the Company:
Delivering solutions that balance the needs of the environment and communities, this organisation delivers reliable and affordable energy solutions and has grown to be one of the largest electricity suppliers in Australia. To support the team during the reporting season, they are looking for an individual with exceptional technical reporting skills to join the team and assist in meeting the compliance and reporting obligations of the group.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, with a close working relationship with Senior Management, your role will be pivotal in the completion of the statutory financial statements for 2020. You will also be the key point of contact in managing any review and improvements on reporting procedures and processes. This is a hands on role in a challenging yet rewarding environment. Your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Contribute to the development of board level presentation of financial and non-financial information
- Drive the development of company-wide financial process and controls
- Drafting accounting position papers
- Co-ordinate the Audit activities for year end close
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop processes to ensure the accuracy and availability of information
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record in co-ordinating a financial reporting and audit function in a commercial organisation. It is essential for you to be CA/CPA qualified and have an excellent understanding of accounting standards working in a highly regulated environment. This role will be required to review revenue contracts so an intimate understanding of AASB15 will also be required. This role will be offered on a 9 month contract basis.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99173. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com