About the Company
Operating as one of Australia's largest transport authorities, this organisation is responsible for the strategic planning, business and infrastructure development for their operations, whilst overseeing safety, security and environmental management. With redeployment on a number of business wide improvement initiatives, the opportunity has arisen for a technically proficient and senior Accounting leader to join the team to assist the Financial Controller in leading and directing the finance team, delivering high quality and customer service focused financial advice to the organisation.
About the Role
The primary objective of the role will be to ensure the provision of strategic advice and accurate timely financial information to Senior Management and the Board.
Furthermore your key duties will include:
- Oversight of financial management and accounting and tax issues, with the ability to provide advice to influence business decisions
- Accurate preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards
- Analyse of business performance and provide findings and/or recommendations and report on any short and long term implications
- Support governance initiatives through the review of polices, practices and procedures
- Provide technical support to the transactional and reporting team and assist with the preparation of note disclosures to the financial statements
- Provide input into longer term corporate planning processes
- Support to the Financial Controller and CFO on all ad hoc business including the new ERP implementation project
Whilst this role will be offered on a 2 year Fixed Term contract, it is considered to be a key leadership role and you will be working closely with the CFO and CEO to influence business outcomes.
The successful candidate will bring with them significant experience in a senior financial management position in a mid to large organisation. It would be expected that your extensive and up to date technical experience in accounting standards will see you effectively facilitate the provision of accurate and timely financial information. This is a hands on role and at times you will be expected to deliver on lower level tasks and assist the team in achieving reporting deadlines. You will also have extensive experience in financial planning and strategy management and have an in-depth understanding of Taxation issues. Experience in driving automation and also in system implementations will also be highly regarded particularly if you have experience with Technology One. Strong communication, reasoning and stakeholder management skills is essential. This role will suit someone who has come from a logistics, infrastructure or energy generation organisation with an appreciation for accounting for large asset bases.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99370. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com