About the Company
Reshaping how they deliver high quality services, this iconic Queensland based company continues to grow through service diversification. Faced with challenges conducive to a rapidly growing market, they forge ahead as a leader, with an ongoing commitment to achieving a superior level of service as they engage with people to deliver skilled interventions and assist others in achieving positive change and growth. To support a number of transformation projects an opportunity has arisen for a talented Financial Accountant to join the team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
About the Role
The main purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Finance Manager and assist in managing the year end and month end reporting process for one of the largest divisions of the group. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial reports in accordance with Accounting Standards
- Proactively contribute to improvements in financial controls
- Provide general ledger account reconciliation and reallocation of expenses
- Undertake contract reviews and implement accounting treatment in line with Accounting Standards
- Support activity to prepare for external audit activity
- Process improvements including streamlining data manipulation, reporting and processing methods.
- Assisting with preparation and analysis of budgets and performance against budgets
To be considered for this role you will ideally be CA/CPA qualified with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a financial accounting position. You will have extensive experience within a technical accounting role and have a sound knowledge of ERP systems - ideally Microsoft Dynamics. You will have the ability to communicate at a high level with various stakeholders and love working in a collaborative team of like-minded individuals. This role will suit a proactive individual who is happy to think about the reasoning behind the accounting reconciliations of some duties and how these can be improved. It is essential you have a good understanding and recent practical application of Australian Accounting Standards. The role is being offered on a 6 month fixed term assignment, however as the company is experiencing growth there is a potential for longer term opportunities for the right individual.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99538. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com