|Posted||21 days ago|
About the Company
This company is a diversified energy company with a large portfolio developed to meet the changing demands of the Queensland and National electricity markets. Delivering solutions that balance the needs of the environment and communities, this organisation delivers reliable and affordable energy solutions and has grown to be one of the largest operators in Australia.
About the Role
Due to the secondment of the current Finance and Tax Accountant, there is a need for a 4-5 month - part-time contract position. The role of Finance and Tax Accountant is to perform financial analysis and reporting activities to ensure compliance with the public financial report and taxation obligations of the organisation.
You will provide high-quality financial accounting and taxation analysis, reflected in your significant experience in preparing and presenting a variety of financial analyses and reports. You will provide high quality and accurate advice to support and inform business decisions is evident in the success of your previous work experience.
- Ability to operate in a financial accounting position assisting with taxation accounting matters
- Produce annual statutory financial statements
- Ability to apply knowledge of the Australian Accounting starts and interpretations issued by the Australian accounting standard board
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of taxation laws
- Knowledge and understanding of the reporting requirements of a Queensland government-owned corporation
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or related discipline
- Eligible member CA or CPA
- Relevant experience in corporate taxation matters
- Experience within public practice / Big 4 accounting firms would be a strong advantage
Northern suburbs / onsite parking
Part-time / flexible working arrangements
Competitive hourly rate
Secure Government owned organisation
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Prince on 07 3023 1044, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101557. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com