You will be working as the key Field Technician across various radio sites and customer locations. You will ensure service levels and operational performance measures are met. You will be working closely with field and workshop personnel, system operations, project engineering and the Network Operations Control Centre.
- Perform a variety of tasks to modify, repair, maintain and install communication systems, equipment, parts and accessories.
- Analyse technical problems using test equipment and make "on-air tests" in accordance with customer operational environment.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions and other related third party system equipment including linking microwave, multiplexing equipment, RF antenna and power systems.
- Verify conformance of each customer's frequency and power output for compliance with prescribed equipment specification, maintenance inspection plan and ACMA regulations.
- Adhere to guidelines and procedures as required during installation and maintenance of site equipment.
- Prior experience in a radio communication service environment.
- Understanding of RF principles and antenna system multi coupling.
- Understanding how to use digital communications test equipment and interpret results such as modulation constellation or antenna sweep graphs.
- Experience to perform on site field technical diagnostics and install a Field Replaceable Module to restore service.
- Experience in APCO25 & TETRA Digital Radio Communications environment or equivalent (both Trunked and Conventional systems including Simulcast).
- Understanding of IP networking principles.
*Please note - this position requires candidates to hold a valid Australian Drivers license*
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com