About the Organisation
Townsville Hospital and Health Service is the largest tertiary health service in northern Australia and delivers clinical services in eight locations over 149,500 square kilometres. The Townsville Hospital provides, complex, high level services across a wide range of specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, adult and paediatric ICU, general surgery, medicine, radiation and medical oncology, transplant haematology, paediatrics, obstetrics and neonatology to the North Queensland region. Uniquely, The Townsville Hospital is the only tertiary facility in Queensland to offer all of these services within the one hospital.
About the Role
Holding accountability as the Chief Information Officer, the Executive Director Digital Health and Knowledge Management will provide direct advice to the Chief Executive, lead and promoted a strong digital health culture and capability and contribute to the design and delivery of the organisations strategic plan. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing an innovative and service driven digital health strategy that enhances clinical and business outcomes whilst driving sustainable growth;
- Operational line management for the functions of Integrated Electronic Medical Record (ieMR) Digital Services, Digital Hospital Program, Information Technology Services and Clinical Information Services;
- Developing and implementing an effective ICT decision making framework that ensures appropriate investment in ICT, the right service provision and an acceptable risk profile.
- Ensuring that the THHS has effective and coordinated day-to-day operational digital capabilities and information systems that meet the needs of over 6,000 end-users.
- Devising and employing transformational organisational change management approaches to develop the culture, capacity and capability of the organisation to embrace digital opportunities so that digital thinking and delivery becomes fully embedded.
- Partnering with e-Health QLD and external organisations to design and deliver integrated healthcare information solutions that work across boundaries and better support the health needs of the Townsville HHS population.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a:
- Proven track record in improving information technology and knowledge management services and best practice ICT & digital governance in a large complex organization;
- High level conceptual and problem solving skills including organisational behaviour, change management, the ability to analyse evidence and provide strategic leadership and expert advice on policies, strategies and recommended solutions;
- Ability to apply strategic knowledge of digital health to initiate investigations, develop innovative methods for exploiting digital health initiatives, to the benefit of a health organisation, its healthcare partners and the community;
- Contemporary and versatile leadership style that balances the nurturing and cultivation of potential, and a high sense of accountability and high-level performance across teams and the organization;
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by undertaking high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving complex risks and issues associated with portfolio delivery;
- Experience in managing complex interdependencies and the coordination of projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders, key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated and successful program outcomes are achieved;
- MBA or comparable Degree, Bachelor's Degree and/or evidence of executive level leadership studies in a relevant field.
Applications close Tuesday 24th July 2018
To apply online, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter as one document in Word format. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-1805-89230. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.co