About the Company
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia's only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help to power highly-developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product. We operate six mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales and have developed a reputation for excellence in operations, project delivery and safe and efficient operations. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce, which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
The proposed Vickery Extension Project is the next chapter in Whitehaven Coal's growth story and will consolidate our longstanding commitment to the region.
About the Mine
Maules creek is Whitehaven's newest and largest coalmine with a life-of-mine of 30 years. Located in the Gunnedah Basin, 45km southeast of Narrabri and 17km northeast of Boggabri.
Whitehaven Coal strives for operational excellence and in 2016 the Maules Creek mine was awarded the NSW Minerals Council Mining Operation of the Year.
About the Area
Gunnedah is the hub of one of Australia's richest agricultural regions - the Liverpool Plains in North West New South Wales - and is located on the Kamilaroi and Oxley Highways. Gunnedah has a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Residents and visitors will appreciate the variety of great cuisine that the local restaurants, pubs, clubs and takeaway venues have to offer.
You will marvel at the beauty of the district and enjoy the hospitality and comfort that only the local people can offer. Genuine smiles and the natural beauty of the landscape paint a picture of real country Australia.
About the Role
An opportunity to join the team at Maule's creek as a Excavator/Multi Skilled Operator and move to the beautiful Gunnedah region. Now with a new management team, we are seeking experienced production digger, dozer, loader, grader, water cart and dump truck operators for residential, full time roles.
With 30 years of mine life left, we are looking for people with the right attitude to come on the journey with join and us long term.
In this role, BIBO is provided from multiple pick up locations around Gunnedah, Boggabri and Narrabri. Shifts are a 12.5-hour mix of day and night, a lifestyle roster so you can spend quality time with your family.
Open cut coal experience is extremely preferable.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- The ability to operate 350 - 800 tonne excavators at full capacity - dig rates of over 2500 bcm/hr
- The ability to operate the associated support dozers.
- Load 315 tonne trucks to capacity.
- 2 years experience operating heavy machinary.
- Associated current VOC's
- Ability to undergo and pass a full coal services health medical and drug/alcohol testing
- Right to work in Australia
- Police clearance, background checks and 2 x recent work references.
- Team player mindset with respect for your fellow workers while obtaining 11 hours of digging per shift.
- Enthusiasm - to work with pride of your machine and work area
- Commitment to safety, the environment and our community
- Job stability
- No more FIFO/DIDO!
- Lifestyle roster - only work 6 months over the course of a year
- Regional living allows option to pay rent and electricity BEFORE tax!
- Ultra class and low hour fleet
- Competitive salary, paid on a weekly basis
- Forward thinking employer
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Please get in touch with Kat Fry - 8093 0629 or email@example.com for more information/a copy of our candidate brochure. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com