About the Role
The focus of the Strategic Planning team in terms of infrastructure contributions is to develop, administer and implement Council's Section 94 Plan, contribute to the long term planning of local infrastructure across council, and to effectively negotiate Voluntary Planning Agreements which deliver appropriate community benefits. This position is a important role within the organisation, requiring a senior level of experience and specialist expertise. The position needs to work closely with other relevant staff across all professional disciplines within Council, senior management and the general public.
As the team leader, you will have an accountant and a section 94 planner reporting to you so you can focus on overseeing and monitoring the progress and delivery of the capital works.
The main responsibilities of this role revolve around:
- Prepare, monitor, adminster and undertake regular review of Council's Development Contributions Plan
- Manage and oversee the accounting systems and procedures for the development contributions program
- Ensure Council's infrastructure planning reflects current and forecast growth across the LGA
- Lead the negotiation of Voluntary Planning Agreements, ensuring the delivery of fair and appropriate community benefits and value capture.
- Undertake quarterly budget reviews of development contrributions
As well as a degree in urban planning, engineering, finance or equivalent, the succesful applicant will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Section 94 contributions plan legislation and planning agreement legislation.
- Proven performances in financial management and statutory reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating Voluntary Planning Agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets and operational business plans.
- High level of computer literacy, and demonstrated experience using computer software, including statistical, demographic and GIS packages.
It is also desirable to have sound knowledge of urban planning and/or property development, previous management experience, current drivers license and state or local government experience at a senior level.
A highly competitive salary, a leaseback vehicle and a great opportunity for work life balance with 70 hour fortnights.
In this job you get to work in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment where you will have a lot of responsibility and an opportunity to really make a difference in the strategic development within Cumberland Council. For the right candidate, we offer a great role with inspiring colleagues in a large, thriving council. We offer opportunities for additional training, mentorship and career progression.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1806-89825. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com