|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Project
The Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project (VMFRP) is a $320m program of infrastructure works that assist in the restoration of high- value floodplains on the River Murray in Victoria. The Project is being delivered in partnership between Lower Murray Water, Goulburn Murray Water, Mallee CMA, North Central CMA, Parks Victoria and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning and is funded by the Australian Government's Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment. The project covers nine separate sites in areas of high environmental, heritage and community value. The projects vary in scale and complexity and generally involve the construction of weirs, regulators, pump stations, levees and access tracks within existing national parks and state forest.
About the role and your responsibilities:
This position is responsible for managing, coordinating, and securing the statutory approvals for a nominated package of works as part of the Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project (VMFRP). This will include working with consultants, regulatory agencies, project partners and the internal project team to oversee the development of an Environment Effects Statement (EES) or an Environment Report (ER), a Planning Scheme Amendment (PSA), and all other approvals for a nominated package of work. There are four packages of work in total and four corresponding approvals officer roles.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A detailed knowledge of the Victorian and Commonwealth environmental and planning approvals process and legislation relevant to the development and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing the preparation of planning, environmental and/or heritage approvals documentation including sound collaborative working relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide sound technical advice on environmental and planning matters within an infrastructure project.
- Experience in the preparation of external consultant briefs and the management of consultants to achieve timely and quality outputs.
- Experience in leading projects within scope, budget and schedule expectations.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and experience in urban planning, environmental management, or a similar discipline.
- Current Driver's Licence.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only. Should you require further information, please email David (Will) Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org or Seamus Scanlon on Seamus.Scanlon@davidsonwp.com |, quoting ref no. JO-2012-102407.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com