|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Project
The Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project (VMFRP) is a $320m program of infrastructure works that assist in the restoration of high valued floodplains on the River Murray in Victoria. The Project is being delivered in partnership between Lower Murray Water, Goulburn Murray Water, Mallee CMA, North Central CMA, Parks Victoria and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning and is funded by the Australian Government's Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment. The project covers nine separate sites in areas of high environmental, heritage and community value. The projects vary in scale and complexity and generally involve the construction of weirs, regulators, pump stations, levees and access tracks within existing national parks.
About the role and your responsibilities:
This position reports to the Project Director, is part of the Project Leadership Team and is responsible for managing, coordinating, and securing all statutory approvals required to construct and operate the Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project (VMFRP) works. The role includes providing environmental and planning advice and direction in relation to approvals, strategic planning, compliance and monitoring, to enable VMFRP to meet its environmental business, funding and statutory objectives.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An outstanding knowledge of the Victorian and Commonwealth environmental and planning approvals process and legislation relevant to the development and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrate experience in successfully managing the preparation of planning, environmental and heritage approvals documentation across multiple approvals pathways and processes simultaneously.
- Demonstrable sound collaborative working relationships within senior levels of regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide sound technical advice on environmental and planning matters within a major infrastructure project.
- Experience in the preparation of external consultant briefs and the management of consultants to achieve timely and quality outputs.
- Experience in leading a team to deliver approvals for projects within scope, budget and schedule expectations.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and experience in urban planning, environmental management, or a similar discipline.
- Current Driver's Licence.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only. Should you require further information, please email David (Will) Wilson on email@example.com or Seamus Scanlon on Seamus.Scanlon@davidsonwp.com |, quoting ref no. JO-2012-102408.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com