Our client is currently going through complex change and growth. They are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers and assist in building out the organisations technology capability.
The Engineering Manager role is a multi-faceted one and requires someone who is able to work at a senior level to drive change within the organisation build new tech capabiltiy but also someone who is also able to work close to the ground and assist in writing and reviewing code if required.
The Engineering Manager needs to have previous experience in people leadership and a background in development coupled with the ability to lead teams through an ever changing landscape.
- Shared accountability with architecture for developing and executing a transformation roadmap to facilitate high availability, agile services leveraging the organisations push to cloud hosting and in-house build
- Leadership of scrum team to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability
- Accountable for the strategic development of services, vendor and business relationship management, including financial accountabilit
- Developing and championing best in class technology practices, that can be leveraged by the teams to deliver business value more efficiently
- Managing the design, development and testing of customer / colleague and technology features/stories in line with service priorities
- Leading an agile delivery scrum team outputs including: engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers' responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, testing etc.
- Supporting code in production
- Qualifying (as requests for work) and managing delivery from downstream service teams and/or third party vendors in line with service boundaries
- Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation
- Experience in a similar technology role
- You have the ability to enable and empower individuals, and an ability to build relationships with most people
- Ability to have strategic conversations at a senior level to profile the teams work, update on progress, forecast and planning etc.
- Industry experience within financial services, ideally market risk experience or any financial product experience
- Technical domain expertise in Perl or Market Risk/Trading
- Passionate about test-driven development and agile methods
- Experienced in building resilient, fault-tolerant systems and processes
- Proven ability to lead a scrum team
- Experienced with full lifecycle (design to development to testing to support) - DevOps capabilities and testing automation also required
- Strong vendor management experience
If this sounds like an opprortunity well suited to you, please click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kirsten Petrovic on 03 9929 9505, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90126. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com