This role will be challenging, rewarding and absolutely critical to the success of the company. You will need to draw on your technical leadership experience and bring the people along the journey with you. You'll use this ability to inspire your team to get high quality and consistent product releases in our customers' hands faster than ever before.
This job is perfect for someone who has experience in growing an engineering team in a thoughtful and effective way. You know how to find, hire and nurture the best engineers on the planet. You have experience mentoring junior engineers to reach their potential and have worked closely with senior engineers to become fantastic managers and leaders in their own right.
Reporting directly to the Director of R&D, you care deeply about the quality of their product, the environment your team works in and about shaping an exciting and innovative engineering culture that allows great people to thrive.
The software and hardware products monitor and control thier solution in some of the harshest environments on earth - from the remote Pilbra in Australia to the tropics all the way to the Arctic Circle. The company are going to take this unique experience to revolutionize how the most challenging supply chains are managed and controlled around the world.
You will be joining a team of smart and passionate people to solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. You will have access to a training budget to make sure you're always learning and growing.
Who are you?
You're a passionate engineering leader who is excited by the opportunity to define, lead and execute the technical strategy for a strategic software company that is trying to disrupt the commodities market. You'll love drawing on your deep technical and management experience to shape a world class engineering team.
What you'll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will be responsible for leveraging and evolving deep understanding of customers data to develop rich analytics, engagement, segmentation, and other offerings for users.
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of production engineering in a scalable RoR ecosystem.
- You will work with hardware and embedded engineers to develop/improve their proprietary hardware technology.
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
- You will both foster innovation and drive delivery
- You will be based in Sydney (10 minutes North Sydney train station)
Who you are
- You are a technologist at heart (cloud AWS, software engineering, data, (any knowledge of IoT or logistics software nice to have).If you don't have all of that don't worry you will lead a team of capable people who can help you get there.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust backend services
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of backend software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science
- You are an experienced manager with a strong commercial record of attracting and growing great engineers
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and devops environment
- You want to make an impact
The company have software and hardware products.You don't have to be an expert across everthing.This role won't get down into the code level but you need to have managed senior developers and product people in the past and gain their respect and get them working for you.
The company are less than 50 strong but they have great products and great clients.They are leaders in their field.They are well funded and have been going for more than 10 years. They need a leader to take them forward.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Spencer Stirrat on 02 8093 0620, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90816. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com