Davidson in partnership with Goldwind Australia are looking to find an experienced professional to work as the Senior Electrical Engineer to oversee the end-to-end construction of Goldwind's Wind Farm from Ballarat, located approximately 100km from Melbourne.
About the Company
Headquartered out of China where the business was founded almost 30 years ago Goldwind are internationally recognised as the leading wind turbine manufacturer in the world and is now expanding globally. This includes Goldwind Australia's activities in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, Indonesia and other countries from time to time. The internationalisation of Goldwind is a key business objective. Goldwind use PMDD technology which is more efficient and has a lower operation and maintenance cost in comparison to its competitors, this has seen Goldwind take a market share in the manufacturing and installation of wind turbines around the world.
About the Project
In 2010, the Minister for Planning granted approval for 157 turbines and all of the associated planning permits. The Wind Farm site is located just west of Ballarat. The project is to be the largest wind farm in the southern hemisphere and will generate enough renewable energy to power the equivalent of 326,000 average Victorian homes annually.
About the Role
Reporting to the Site Construction Manager the Site Electrical Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all electrical work activities at the site including the management of subcontractors. During the pre-construction phase the role will be based in Goldwind's Melbourne office and then on-site once construction begins.
- Monitor the implementation of all health, safety and environmental management obligations and systems at the site
- Management of the project electrical design and construction works
- Support the Site Construction Manager in managing subcontractors at the site.
- Manage the procurement of electrical plant, equipment and materials from scope development through tender manufacture, delivery, installation, commissioning and documentation.
- Manage project interfaces with designers, suppliers and constructors during the design, construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- Manage the testing and commissioning of the wind farm
|Qualifications:||Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering.|
Owners engineer or principal contractor experience will be well regarded.
|Capabilities/Competencies:||The role requires:|
The is an excellent benefits package as part of this position. Including LAFHA and company car.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90310. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com