|Posted||27 days ago|
The goal of Muswellbrook Shire is to be a Net 0 emissions contributor by 2050. Help lead the future.
The Ecologist and Sustainability Team Leader will lead a team of professionals and volunteers to ensure Council achieves its goals and aspirations across a range of environmental sustainability areas including; biodiversity and natural area restoration, water quality and use, waste minimisation, energy efficiency with the emphasis on achieving council's delivery program. The role is also responsible for the provision of specialised ecological advice and support in relation to biodiversity conservation, natural area restoration activities, review and inspection of mine and quarry rehabilitation plans and activities, and facilitation of a range of projects.
To be successful in this role it is likely that you will have a degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science or similar or an equivalent level of skill, knowledge, and experience. Sound knowledge and experience in natural resource management, especially protecting and enhancing riparian ecosystems and native vegetation is additionally expected as is knowledge of current Biodiversity Legislation.
- Supervise the Sustainability team which consists of two sustainability officers
- Support and assume shared responsibility for achieving Muswellbrook Shire Council's Sustainability Action Plan
- Achieve council's operation plan, delivery program and sustainability action plan
- Provide accurate and relevant advice on sustainability, biodiversity and natural area restoration matters, and provide ecology advise on rezoning proposals, and development proposals, particularly mine proposals
- Work closely with council staff and other stakeholders on projects and programs that improve the rehabilitation outcomes on mine lands within the Shire
- Implement and assist in educational strategies, training programs and community/school events to create positive changes in behaviour patterns within Council and the community
- Facilitate Landcare in the Shire and provide supervision, educational assistance and other support to volunteer groups carrying out sustainability, biodiversity natural area restoration projects and programs
- Supervise and monitor contractors engaged to carry out sustainability, biodiversity natural area restoration works
- Prepare Council reports, correspondence, applications, media releases, and general educational information, as required
- Develop positive relationships with funding bodies, government agencies, other councils, peak industry groups, Universities, community groups, owners and developers as required
This is a key position which will have a significant and positive affect on the Muswellbrook region.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 0402 639 431, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com