About the Company
This company is a diversified energy company with a large portfolio developed to meet the changing demands of the Queensland and National electricity markets. Delivering solutions that balance the needs of the environment and communities, this organisation delivers reliable and affordable energy solutions and has grown to be one of the largest operators in Australia. As a result of internal movement the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant to join the team that will play a pivotal role within Group Finance in the preparation, analysis and reporting of data. This is a rare opportunity to market that gives you the true flexibility to work in a part-time capacity in a challenging role.
About the Role
The purpose of the Divisional Accountant position is to provide financial planning, analysis, reporting and advisory services to the Executive Group. Your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of the relevant Division's business strategies and processes
- Oversee and develop the divisional budget process in a timely manner
- Assist in preparation of monthly Board papers
- Assist with the integration of acquired businesses with a specific focus on management accounting activities
- Perform and present various financial and workforce analysis and establish financial/commercial metrics and targets that facilitate optimal resource utilisation for the division
- Identify and present opportunities for reporting, process and system improvements
- Production of commercially focused reporting that aids strategic decision making
- Review the groups forecast and review of funding requests
- Act as a true business partner and develop strong relationships with various stakeholders in the organisation.
Very rarely do these Part-Time opportunities present in the market. To be considered for this sought after position you will ideally be CA/CPA qualified with a minimum of 5-7 years' experience within complex corporate environment. You will have a strong business acumen and be a proactive problem solver. You will have the ability to understand and report on financial information, you will have outstanding financial modelling skills and you will have previous experience in a Senior Management Accountant role with the ability to manage to autonomously manage the budgeting and forecasting function. A genuine desire and commitment to improve the financial position of the organisation through the provision of sound commercial advice is also ideal. Experience using SAP and/or Power BI will also be highly regarded. This role is intially being offered on a 12 month Fixed Term contract with strong possibility of extension for the right individual.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101466. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com