|Posted||about 1 month ago|
- Influence and deliver on state wide partnerships
- Lead a high performing and dedicated team
- 5 year fixed term contract
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is tasked with ensuring that Victoria has the right conditions to enable economic growth, while delivering livable, inclusive and sustainable communities. They bring together planning, local government and infrastructure, environment, climate change, energy and water functions, to ensure an integrated approach to the development of long term State and regional strategies that build on social, environmental and economic opportunities to provide for future population growth and change.
The Water Resource Strategy Division, part of the Water and Catchments Group (WCG) in the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), works collaboratively within the WCG portfolio to assess and oversee water availability as well as managing the State's water entitlements and access framework to ensure long term sustainable supply. It also provides an informed technical base for resource management, planning and decision making for the broader Water and Catchments Group and the sector.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Water Resource Strategy your primary focus will be working across the Water and Catchments Group (WCG), Victorian Government and Water sector to deliver on the state-wide Surface water and Groundwater Monitoring Partnership, the modelling and assessment of surface water resources in regulated and unregulated systems, investing in hydrology and climate science research and translating this research for use in the water sector. You and your team will provide informed technical advice and guidance to water resource management, planning and decision making working collaboratively delivering complex and sensitive strategic tasks.
To be successful you will
- Bring demonstrated experience in an executive role with excellent leadership and sustain a high level of drive and commitment gained from with the water, energy or resources sector.
- Be experienced in anticipating issues and identifying practical solutions to address them, quantifying outcomes, and identifying risks and benefits in relation to key issues of water resource management.
- Ideally have an understanding and experience with government operations, policy and decision-making processes gained from within a large complex organisation.
- Have experience in building trusted stakeholder relationships and ability to constructively influence and collaborate with Victoria's water industry.
- A tertiary qualifications and experience in natural resource management or other relevant discipline would be an advantage.
As a leader if your values align with Teamwork, Service Excellence, Ownership, Wellbeing and Safety then we would like to hear from you.
To apply or to download further information, please visit www.davidsonexecutive.com.au and upload your resume. For a confidential discussion, please contact Natasha Diamond on 0412 822 348 or Vanessa Huxley on 0417 708 112 from Davidson Executive who are supporting the Department with this appointment process.