The NSW Rural Doctors Network ('RDN') is a long-standing not-for profit and non-government organisation currently celebrating its 30th year.
RDN's purpose is to improve access to quality healthcare for people in remote, rural and regional New South Wales through the provision of a highly skilled and continuing medical and health workforce.
RDN is designated by the Australian Government as the Rural Workforce Agency (for health) in New South Wales.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director - Service Delivery will continue RDN's excellence in supporting remote, rural and regional communities through evidence-based health workforce and access programs.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Lead and manage RDN's service delivery teams accountable for workforce, outreach, education and training across two locations
- Lead RDN's evidence-based Service Design, Development and Program Management and Implementation portfolios to support achievement of RDN's corporate objectives
- Support RDN's ongoing pursuit of excellence through monitoring and evaluation and contributions to the sector's body of knowledge
- Ensure alignment with RDN's strategy and implement business development and future growth plans
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations which add-value to the effectiveness and efficiency of RDN's programs
- Act as the primary escalation point for customers in the relevant locality in respect of the delivery of contracted services, problem resolutions and promoting active stakeholder engagement
- Contribute to RDN's Executive Leadership Group, drive the achievement of RDN's Performance Program's corporate objectives, and foster the organisation's values-based team environment
- Complement and support the achievement of the aims of RDN's other portfolios - Governance, Finance and Asset Management, People and Culture, Information and Translation and Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
- Previous executive-level operational leadership experience in a multi-site human services environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a complex service delivery environment and a track record in success of delivering high-performing and sustainable service programs focused on customer outcomes
- Proven capability to lead within a flexible, multi-skilled team environment
- Successful track record of service innovation through evidence-informed design, business case development and effective introduction of new services
- Experience with corporate and program strategy development and service delivery best practices
- Able to manage large budgets and program teams to meet organisation objectives
- Outstanding stakeholder relationship skills and interpersonal skills combined with highly effective people management and change management expertise
- Extensive policy and industrial knowledge of Australia's rural health sector
- Highly networked at the Federal, State, Regional and community level
- Demonstrated understanding of, and network within, the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Sector
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Public Health, Health Services Management or related field
RDN offers a friendly culture with a range of generous employment conditions, such as a 35-hour working week, on site car parking, shut down between Christmas and New Year without debiting of annual leave, salary packaging options, approved study leave and the opportunity to apply for Performance Growth and Development grants.
RDN is a values based, equal employment opportunity organisation, committed to equality, diversity and social inclusion. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please click on the link. Applications close 5pm Friday 14th of September 2018.
If you have specific questions before applying, please contact Lee Rochester on 02 8093 0624 quoting Director - Service Delivery.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com