|Posted||about 1 month ago|
DIRECTOR-GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT, MANUFACTURING AND WATER
- Drive economic growth & job creation in regional Queensland
- Grow Queensland's manufacturing sector
- Support sustainable management of Queensland's water resources
Have you got what it takes to drive economic growth and job creation in regional Queensland? The ability to support the state's manufacturing sector - vital to growing and diversifying Queensland's economy and creating future jobs?
If this sounds like you, bring your leadership and direction to the Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water.
As Director-General you will be responsible for delivering regional economic development opportunities, supporting the manufacturing industry and the sustainable management of Queensland's water resources.
You will lead the department:
- creating competitive regional economies and an innovative manufacturing sector
- attracting private sector investment
- creating jobs through the support of priority industries
- managing a sustainable water resource sector through the combined expertise of Traditional Owners, community, industry and government.
Accountable to the Premier of Queensland and reporting to the responsible Minister, you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by implementing the policies, priorities, services or programs of the elected government.
You will be responsible for:
- advising and supporting the Minister to deliver agreed priorities
- providing visionary, values-based, strategic leadership and management
- building positive and healthy workplace cultures based on professional respect and integrity
- building a career structure for employees
- identifying and nurturing leadership potential and actively promoting and supporting mobility and flexible work practices to grow the talent pipeline
- leading and facilitating strong, positive agency relationships with stakeholders and partners across other levels of government and sectors
- growing stakeholder confidence that leadership fosters and promotes ethical decision making, honesty and fairness, always in the public interest.
What we are looking for
The successful executive will demonstrate a career as a proven leader within a complex and diverse environment with the ability to drive innovation and change. You will have successfully, inspired, developed and led high performing workforces and have the ability to build effective and sustainable relationships within a framework of good governance and policy development and implementation.
People from diverse backgrounds including non-English speaking backgrounds, people with a disability, women, and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information contact our search partners Davidson Executive & Boards, quoting reference number - JO-2101-102544: Davidson Executive & Boards, David Reynolds | 0410 471 652 OR David (Will) Wilson | 0499 920 848.
Applications close 5pm (Queensland Time) Wednesday 3 February.
For an information pack or to apply visit the Davidson Executive & Boards website: https://www.davidsonexecutive.com.au/clients/PSC