Feeling STUCK where you are?
Are you searching for new challenges that offers professional growth? What about a great working environment with a number of large initiatives and projects underway with the opportunity to take ownership?
If so…THIS COULD BE FOR YOU!
Our client is an industry leader (and part of a GLOBAL organisation) with thousands of clients using their software product (SaaS) nationally.
The Senior Systems / DevOps Engineer will help take our client to new heights in their platform management, security, deployment and scaling, particularly in the AWS space.
This position is within a small (yet critical) team supporting all IT requirements across the business as needed, often working closely with the Product teams (developers, QA, analysts).
It offers a nice working environment, and with a number of large initiatives and projects underway, the team needs to grow! Hence, now they have the need for a switched-on Senior Systems Engineer that is passionate about IT with a heavy focus on the infrastructure and Products hosted in AWS.
Your responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Improving AWS Cloud usage & management through Infrastructure as Code (IaC), monitoring & alerting, container management, security uplift
- Improving CI/CD
- Providing expertise in the design of new services in AWS
- Contributing to the management of other infrastructure on-prem, colo and Azure
- Providing leadership, guidance, mentoring and training to the Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators within the team
- Helping drive forward the IT vision
Solid experience across a variety of technology stack (Windows, SQL, Office 365) is highly regarded. This role is suited for someone with an automation mindset who enjoys actively researching and learning about modern offerings in Cloud.
Our Client's Tech Stack! While hands-on design, build and administration of all tech is not a requirement, every bit helps.
- AWS EC2, ASGs, Aurora (MySql and PostgreSQL), CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Networking, ELB, CloudFront
- APM (NewRelic, AppSignal)
- CI/CD (BuildKite)
- Terraform, Ansible
- Linux, Apache
- Windows Server and Desktop OS. Microsoft Hyper-V and Failover Clustering. IIS. RDS.
- SQL Server administration (FCIs, Availability Groups, Replication)
- Windows PowerShell and PowerShell DSC
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Switches & VPN. Netscaler Load Balancers
- Azure Active Directory, Storage, SQL Database, App Service, Key Vault, Application Gateway, Backup Server, Application Insights, Virtual Machines, AKS, networking
- Office365. Atlassian products
- AzureDevops (Visual Studio Team Services). Jenkins
- Server hardware and storage (IBM/Lenovo)
The following skills and experience is required:
- Degree or tertiary qualification in IT, Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant commercial experience.
- A generalist with solid experience across a range of the tech stack mentioned above
- Solid experience with AWS
- Windows PowerShell / Scripting / Tool-making
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Infrastructure as code / Configuration managemen
- A great attitude and willingness to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The successful applicant will become a key member of the team and make a real difference! GRAB this opportunity while it last!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx) and a Cover Letter. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100376. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com