|Posted||10 days ago|
Primary purpose of the role:
The DevOps Engineer -AWS is responsible for designing and developing automated procedures to support continuous delivery & integration processes
* Manage the deployment, automation, maintenance and configuration of AWS cloud-based systems, ensuring its availability, performance, security, and scalability.
* Utilise technical expertise to identify, design and implement automated procedures that improve operational capability and drive improvements in service delivery.
* Evaluate new technology alternatives and vendor products, and keep abreast of industry trends and standards in DevOps tools.
* Define and deploy performance monitoring metrics for infrastructure, including regular performance reporting to ensure environments are operated according to SLA's.
* Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders and provide plain language advice on complex technical issues to non-technical audiences to enable informed business decisions and outcomes.
* Manage and provide technical leadership on critical IT projects utilising AWS technologies, including troubleshooting and resolving complex technological infrastructure, security and development problems across various application domains and platforms.
* Demonstrated ability to implement scalable and highly automated infrastructures, with a strong focus of cloud and network security.
* Extensive experience integrating on-prem and cloud-based applications in a hybrid environment
* Extensive experience of technologies within Amazon Web Services, including EC2, VPC, Cloudformation or Terraform, CodeCommit, Systems Manager, Route53, Load Balancers and CodePipeline.
* Proven experience in systems administration, architecting and implementing cloud solutions, networking, security, storage, Linux and other open-source technologies and tools
* Strong code development skills in Unix/Linux scripting and at least one high-level programming language
* Proven experience in automating and streamlining operations using scripting or programming languages
* Interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging key stakeholders to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
* Proven capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and work within an operational support business unit.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Job ref no. JO-2104-104020. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com