About the Company
Local Council (Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne)
About the Role
In preparation for the future introduction of a Waste Service charge affecting 75,000 properties in this Local Council based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, this council requires an accurate kerbside bin database upon which to base new waste service charges. Kerbside bin data is required for garbage bins, recycling bins and garden organics bins. Properties that provide their own private kerbside waste services are also required to be identified and recorded.
This position is to investigate and resolve data quality issues and to deliver a complete, accurate database within agreed project time-lines to support Council's future implementation of a waste service charge. In addition, the position will be looked upon to standardise business processes for efficient ongoing management of the data to meet accurate billing and inventory requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review, cleanse, consolidate and reconcile data to form a reliable bin data-set.
- Resolve data quality issues and work with staff to make sure data is complete and accurate.
- Develop a methodology to consolidate results from the field inspection program.
- Provide regular project updates and reports on data quality issues to project stakeholders, and make recommendations on possible solutions.
- Develop a single authoritative bin data-set in Council's Land Information Management System, Pathway.
- Assess and if necessary, develop integration points with other Council systems.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with relevant internal subject matter experts, system owners and stakeholders.
- Review internal business processes and work-flows for the ongoing management of bin data and recommend appropriate process improvements.
- Deliver targeted training as required to maintain the data to the standard needed to deliver accurate billing.
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical, business or related discipline combined with 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated IT and data management skills with a working knowledge of information management systems, database applications, and data management processes.
- General knowledge of business function(s) and business operations.
- Ability to identify, collect and report on data from relational database environments (SQL Server) using common tool-sets like SQL Server Client tools, Crystal Reports, MS Access, Tableau etc.
- Advanced skills in data manipulation, transformation, analysis, cleansing, validation, verification and exception reporting.
- Strong business analysis, problem solving and technical documentation skills; a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness is required.
- Project Management skills; effective time management, setting competing priorities, meet deadlines and maintain a risk and issues register
- High-level communication and consultative skills.
- Initial 3 Month Contract
- Immediate start
- $600 per day + Super
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com