|Posted||15 days ago|
Davidson is excited to present an excellent Data Engineer contract opportunity with a well-respected enterprise client. This is an initial 6 month contract with a strong chance of extension. You will work on the development and maintenance of applications to build and support the organisation's datawarehouse, data marts and data stores. You will primarily work on ETL products, perform testing activities and create documentation of artefacts and data sets. This is an excellent opportunity to foster your data engineering skills whilst leaving your mark on high profile project work within a large scale enterprise environment.
About the Role
- Development of data warehouse, data marts, and data stores applications including extraction and ingestion, transformation, and data loading.
- Support and maintain existing data solutions and applications, including development of ETL/ELT applications, OLAP cubes, reporting data objects.
- Testing and validating data applications.
- Undertaking code peer review.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of developed data applications and data models, such as user guides.
- Contribution and design of data models in conjunction with senior technical team members.
- Manage assigned tasks and daily task status updates through stand-ups and Project Management software.
- Attend to and efficiently resolve incidents affecting the production of data reporting applications.
- Provide support for data challenges or queries raised by business users
- Provide input, technical direction and active collaboration of data solutions and new data initiatives.
- Promote sustainable data usage across Stanwell.
- Uphold data security and confidentiality with Stanwell's data assets.
- Continually monitor data development trends, identify technical learning opportunities and continuous improvement actions.
- Attend business workshops to assist with requirements gathering and contribute to data engineering and model designs.
- Promote data usage and development of sustainable and efficient data processes and applications.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the position, and as required by the team lead and senior technical team members.
- Demonstrated experience in design and development of Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions, including data modelling, data ingestion and ETL, and report and visualisations development.
- Advanced SQL coding and skills; with experience applied to Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Three or more years' experience with Microsoft data transformation tools - SSIS, Azure Data Factory
- Experience designing data models for Business Intelligence consumption. Demonstrated delivery of data models applying Kimball, 3NF, and/or Data Vault.
- Three or more years' experience with Business Intelligence tools for example Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Crystal Reports, SSRS
- Experience deploying data solutions with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP). Knowledge of cloud transformation tools and data accelerators.
- Experience/exposure of open-standard files json, xml, yaml; with reference to integration and ingestion of open-standard files.
- Experience supporting and improving business processes in a way that meets stakeholder expectations.
- Proficient with using source code control systems such as GIT, TFS.
- Experience in change controlled environment, configuration management and version control.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Grab this opportunity and get your application in today for an immediate review.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2101-102477. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com