|Location||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Posted||23 days ago|
About the Role
- To work with the business, stakeholders and industry to facilitate, negotiate, define and capture business problems/requirements and assist in defining functional solutions.
- To assess the GIS solution platform build requirements in conjunction with future enhancements of the system and to define the change impacts to the organisation, stakeholders and industry.
- To represent the team as a service provider and proactively assist in solving business problems.
- To assist with testing and any required change management activities.
- Demonstrated and impressionable ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of existing GIS solution; and the associated product
- Strong ability to interpret data; and provide insightful outcomes resulting in holistic system improvements
- Identify issues with data/schema and provide expert insights for change or improvements; and additions to the schema
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets
- Assist in the development of a data schema and data dictionary
- Assist the GIS Product Analyst and other colleagues (within or outside of your direct team) to help define specific business problems; and isolate identified data requiring stronger attention, to assist with better informed decisions
- Take ownership in defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Assist define change impacts through product analysis and attained subject matter expertise
- Assist segment change impacts in an actionable manner
- Assist facilitate communication of change impacts to the program and stakeholders
- Assist in identifying both quantitative and qualitative business benefits
- Work collaboratively with the business and/or stakeholders to help track benefits
- Assist translate the successful completion of change activities in well formulated benefits statements
- Ensure all formal communication relating to change management is 'on message' and consistent
- Facilitate discussion, demonstrate decisive and informed decision-making skills; and manage conflict resolution
- Identify needs and assist create purposeful artefacts to support change and communication activities
- Support internal and external communication including, improving transparency; and radiating information
- Work collaboratively with UX/UI colleagues and the wider team to define and improve the user experience
- Adhere to governance, technical standards and processes as defined by the Program Manager.
Skills and Capabilities
- Must have proven stakeholder management skills
- Must be a "problem solving" oriented professional, for example, be proactive in solving problems before escalating, rather than expecting others to rectify problems
- Possess an even split of both commercial and government experience is highly desirable
- Ability to "read" and "comprehend" common designs, specifications, stories; and wireframes
- Ability to work in an Agile-Scrum team with synergy
- Ability to accurately depict your activities during a stand-up and meetings
- Ability to work with a diverse range of cultures and personalities
- Ability to respect other professionals and their respective roles within the team
- Must have highly evolved English skills
- Ability to speak openly and honestly
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to a previous project
- Must be able to stay focused during times of uncertainty and high-levels of demand
- Must be a flexible person yet understand the need for process
- Must be genuinely interested in helping others in a team environment
- Must be a proactive, clear and factual communicator with the ability to explain technical scenarios and results - expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions both orally and in writing
- Ability to listen attentively and be a proactive communicator
- Openness to learning - takes responsibility for personal growth. Acquires strategies for gaining knowledge and learning new technologies and skills. Engages in learning from others both within and outside the organisation. Investigates new approaches and broadens scope of work while learning from work assignments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have proven 5 years' experience working directly in the GEO - Spatial domain.
- Must have a total of 10 years Business Analyst experience
- Must have experience working in integrated teams
- Must have experience using JIRA (or a similar tool) in an Agile-Scrum Framework
- Solid background using Agile-based business analytics techniques will be highly desirable (such as the Kano Model, Purpose Alignment Model etc.)
- Solid background working in an Agile-Scrum environment
- Solid background as a Business Analyst working in a medium/large organisation
- A mix of commercial and government experience is highly desirable
- Experience in performing impact analysis, work flow definition; and value modelling
- Experience with predictive, iterative and adaptive planning
- Working knowledge of the following "Tools" is required:
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 0409 614 218, quoting ref no. JO-2007-100857. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com