|Location||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Posted||25 days ago|
About the Company
Davidson Technology have partnered with a multi-national defence, security and aerospace company who are building one of the world's largest IT defence systems. We are collaborating with them to identify new technology talent who are interested in gaining a skillset that will be sought after across the globe!
About the Role
This is a key position to strengthen our client's security automation capabilities which has been identified as a critical area for growth and specialization with in their Security operation services.
You will be passionate about building security solutions and capabilities that enable our client to provide a niche service tool. This role will collaborate with our client's internal security team to help them use the capabilities such as Security Automation and Orchestration platform.
Predominantly, you will be working with the Cyber Threat Response Team and other Command Centre teams to develop innovative integrations and playbooks.
- Work with triage and investigation team to understand the analysis tradecraft and covert the analysis to automation.
- Architect an end to end automation solutions such as enrich SIEM events with data from systems like Nessus and ThreatQ.
- Write and maintain playbooks and other smart scripts using Python or similar scripting languages.
- Train and mentor security operations teams, threat intelligence groups and incident responders on emerging tools and techniques to detect and respond to threats.
- Document mapping between various integration points, Document the apps that we build and the actions they perform, Document the scripts that are implemented for automation.
- Own and be accountable for the stability, maintenance, and operation of the security platform and its integrations.
To be considered, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant degree
- In-depth hands on knowledge in scripting language like Python, JSON, XML, SQL and PowerShell
- Good understanding in security concepts, should be able to transverse the knowledge in Software development, product integrations
- In-depth Experience in:
- Python and/or Linux scripting
- Information security concepts or hands-on in areas such as incident management, security operations, vulnerability management, threat management, or network security
- Using Windows, Linux, Unix.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate technical details in a clear and understandable manner
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently while following the team's mission and vision in a fast-paced operationally focused environment.
- Australian NV1 clearance is non-negotiable for this role.
*** Please note that this is a predominantly a Melbourne based role, however flexibility to juggle between Canberra & Melbourne is open for discussion ***
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Neeha Avasarala on 0430 505 612, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100701. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com