About the Company
Local Council based in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
About the Role
- Core Records Management activities
- In accordance with Council policies and procedures, open and sort incoming mail, and perform
- scanning, classifying, registering, and distribution (physical and electronic) duties for inwards
- correspondence and other documentation.
- File management tasks, including creation of files and tracking movements.
- Internal mail deliveries and preparation of outgoing mail.
- Undertake other duties as directed by the Coordinator Corporate Records.
2. Archiving Duties
- Appraise and sentence records according to Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) Retention and Disposal Authorities and Council procedures to determine disposal classes, status, retention periods and disposal actions.
- Perform record retrieval requests and returns to and from off-site storage.
3. Support and promotion of Records Management function
- Provide accurate records management advice and support to all areas of Council.
- Resolve or escalate customer complaints in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with the development of Council records management procedures.
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures and suggesting improvements.
- Participate in the Council's Performance Development and Review process. This involves planning
- and agreeing work and skill development objectives, and reviewing and assessing achievements
- on a regular basis.
- Records Management Certificate/Diploma
- 2 Years relevant experience
- Experience in EzeScan
- Local Gov experience
- 3 Month Contract
- $32 per hour (Inc Super)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com